Tasman District Council had short time lines to get BraveGen up and running. Brief and concise training sessions during the weekly implementation meetings allowed the Tasman team to start using the system almostly immediately.
Company at a Glance
Name: Tasman District Council
Industry: Public sector
Locations: New Zealand
Applications replaced: Inhouse system
Tasman District Council, a unitary authority, sits at Richmond, with community boards serving outlying communities in Motueka and Golden Bay.
It covers 9,786 square kilometres and within this area there are fi ve wards and 17 settlements. The largest ward, Richmond, borders Nelson in the north of the region.
The engineering team at Tasman District Council wanted to replace their existing consent management system.
They needed a system to allow their asset management team to easily access information and have a clear and simple task list.
- Their existing system did not hold all the necessary information they required, had poor reporting capabilities and it was not easy to locate necessary information in a timely manner.
- Tasman wanted information available to them via smartphones.
- Tasman had some good ideas for new system features.
Tasman District Council’s engineering team selected BraveGen as their system of choice to manage their 200 consents.
Some key requirements included:
- Link to their existing GIS system
- Logistics planning for compliance tasks
- Additional features not currently provided
Tasman District Council wanted to be able to plan their compliance actions far in advance as well as plan the logistics for short term tasks.
By including cost estimates Tasman could leverage the Financial Impact report to budget for compliance and application activity for the next 12 months.
- On the compliance task report we added a map view of the tasks over the coming 7 days to plan their routes. For each task a street view is available as well. We also added a calendar view to see tasks over the coming year for long term planning.
- GIS information can be added with automatic conversion from longitude and latitude to NZ Map Grid (NZMG) and NZTM 2000 and other formats.
- We delivered on a new feature requested by the engineering team: Non-compliance reasons – a customer defined list of reasons for a non-compliance event and an accompanying report.
- Everything was available via their smartphones.